Sunday, December 15, 2013

Why I Write


To the one who abused me,
                Whose actions prove
that he doesn’t regret it.
To my family,
                Whose reactions confirm
that they just don’t get it.
To my friends,
                Whose dissatisfactions show,
and wish I’d forget it-
That is why I write.
For the Rabbi,
               Who won’t listen to words
for fear of slander.
For the Lecturer,
   Who equates victimization with stomach illness
declared in candor.
For the communities,
                Who raise Tzedaka for molesters,
not the innocent bystander-
That is why I write.

They are all united:
With their persistence,
In their resistance
To my own existence-
           Still I am right.

They share one goal:
To deny the truth,
By erasing my youth
In ways so uncouth-
Still I am right.

And I do not expect:
Anyone of them to read,
Nor my words to heed.
Though they think they succeed-
         Still I will write.
Postscript

(To the one that I married,
               Who will always stand by
through thick and thin.
To my therapist,
               Who believes in me
           that ultimately I can win.
And to a mere few others,
               One who is a Rabbi,
           the other being a cousin-

That is how I write!)

2 comments:

  1. Stop!!

    Wasting your talents in the land of Anonymous!!!!!!!!!

    Your writing is brilliant. I seriously hope you use it in the "real world"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I wish you could! But I can't imagine a Jewish newspaper that would print it... (Which just proves your point...)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the sensitivity of this blog's topic, comments are moderated. Generally posted, although not always right away.

Blog Archive