Wednesday, January 28, 2015

in search of Him




At a family Bar Mitzva I had time to reflect
No matter how much preparation, I have to accept,
Feelings of shortness of breath
And suffocating to death
When I know it’s my brother that I am going to expect

Thankfully he was late, but still no matter when
His appearance will show and suddenly then-
When he walks in
My head starts to spin
Suddenly I’m a helpless kid all over again.

And his wife follows; her nose held high
And daintily (quite snootily) passes me by.
The queen of bitches
The mistress of witches
About her behavior-it’s hard to explain why.

Certainly clear to me that I did no wrong
Yet she’s determined to make sure I don’t belong.
As she gives a sweeping glance
And ignores me with askance
While smiling and laughing with the others along.

If family is a blessing then it is certainly disguised
To me they are a curse, right in front of my eyes
Logic so twisted and bent
To ignore the innocent
And fiercely protective over the truly despised

I clearly don’t understand all or any of God’s scheme
Though at this time I wonder where He reigns supreme
I hope not with the bastards and bitches
Or with the assholes and witches
And I wonder, can I count Him-
                                               As One on my team?

3 comments:

  1. It is so powerful and I read it a couple of times, each time reading/feeling a liitle more pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my mind, this is the most powerful piece of your writing I’ve seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you yet again for sharing your poignant and powerful. You move me so.

    I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the sensitivity of this blog's topic, comments are moderated. Generally posted, although not always right away.

Blog Archive